EXHIBITIONS, COMMISSIONS, RESIDENCIES, etc:
2018 ‘PRINTed’ artists book fair, E.I.N.A. University, Barcelona. ‘Container Collective’.
Travelling Collage installation at Cyprus College of Art.
2017 ‘PRINTed’ artists book fair, E.I.N.A. University, Barcelona. ‘Container Collective’.
Performance of ‘Light Dial 2’ at UCA Rochester at ‘Digital/Material – Developments in Printed and Woven Textiles’ conference. A collaboration with Collectress and UCA students.
‘Partners in Print’. Sandra Rhodes Gallery, UCA Rochester.
‘DAD’ Dover print festival. ‘Container Collective’.
‘BABE’ artists book fair, Arnolfini Gallery, Bristol. ‘Container Collective’
‘Fata Morgana’ gallery, Berlin. Cut-up poetry collages and publication in ‘Prophet’ art ‘zine, Berlin.
Performance of ‘100 Books’ by John Bently at the ‘Horse Hospital’, London.
2016 Speaker on collaborative practices at UCA research conference, Jerwood Centre, London.
Collaboration with Collectress and Rambert Contemporary Dance to design and make wearable sculptural costumes for performance of ‘Light Dial’ at Rambert Building, London South Bank.
Poetry performance with ‘Bones and the Aft’ and ‘Bird Radio’.
Large collage installation and collages at ‘Collagistas’ 2016, Kelderman en van Noort gallery, Eindhoven, NL.
2015 ‘Gunfighter’ large wearable sculpture and experimental performance project with Genetic Moo, Rebecca Waterworth, Circo Rumbaba, Katie Welford. Limbo Art Space, Margate.
2014 Collage installation intervention, LV21 Lightship, Fuse Festival, Medway.
– ‘Digital Encounters’ international digital innovation exhibition, Herbert Read Gallery, Canterbury.
– Needless Alley Collective performances at Camden People’s Theatre, London.
2013 ‘Cabaret Voltaire’ performances with Needless Alley Collective at King’s Head Theatre, London.
– Installation intervention, Limmathaus Hotel, Zurich, Switzerland.
– Installation intervention, ‘I am not dead’ Duchamp Festival, Herne Bay, UK
– Laser dinghy sail design for floating gallery, Whitstable as part of Canterbury Festival.
– ‘Lace Effects’ exhibition, La Cite Internationale de la Dentelle et de la Mode, Calais.
2012 Speakers at ‘Crysalis Professionals’ programme, UCA Rochester.
– Artists exchange to work at BBK Bethanien Printworks, Berlin.
– Research grant from UCA for work on Digital Textile Sculpture.
– Speaker at ‘Pushing Print’, Pie Factory Gallery, Margate.
2011 Theremin performance at V&A Museum, London with Juneau Projects. – ‘Handmade and Bound’ Artists Book Fair, St. Brides, London.
– ‘I am the warrior’, Battersea Pumphouse with Juneau Projects.
– ‘Crysalis’ textile collaboration project with Campus TO3 Ronse Belgium, Plymouth University and the Lace Museum Calais.
– Orange Dot Gallery, London. Group show.
– RCA ‘Excessive Optimism’ event digital sound piece.
– Contributer to Soundfjord/Audio Gourmet fundraiser album.
– 6 weeks artists exchange to Berlin.
– Exhibition of collages with MOMAC, Gloucester.
2010 Commission for Gosport Discovery Centre, large printed wall graphic and sculptural Reading Chair.
– ‘Death and Entrances’ exhibition/multimedia event, Faversham.
– Sculpture at ‘Lounge on the Farm’ music Festival, Kent.
– Exhibition of sculpture, Blackheath Gallery, London.
– ‘Creative Partnerships’ practitioners with Thamesview, Northwood and Paddock Wood schools.
2009 Stour Valley Arts festival banner design project and school workshop leaders.
– Participant in ‘SteinFest’ Stone carving festival, Trondheim, Norway.
– ‘Creative Partnerships’ practitioners with King Ethelbert School, Margate and St. John’s, Gravesend.
– ‘Handmade and Bound’ Artists’ book fair, London.
2008 Workshop leaders with Stour Valley Arts woodland art organisation.
– Exhibition of sculpture at Blackheath Gallery, London.
– ‘Handmade and Bound’ Artists’ book fair, London.
– ‘Generate’ research project and exhibition in assoc. with Turner Contemporary, Margate.
2007 ‘Creative Partnerships’ practitioners with Dover Girls Grammar School.
– ‘Generate’ research project and exhibition on childrens’ creativity in assoc. with
Turner Contemporary, Margate.
– Yallops Yard, Bow. sculpture commission, Lovells developers.
– ICA London Artists Book Fair.
2006 ‘London Art Fair’ and ‘Art London’ with Art Lab Gallery.
– Sculpture Exhibition at Rollo Contemporary Art in assoc. with Royal British Soc. of Sculptors.
– Designs commissioned for Wembley Stadium development and Hyde Housing Assoc.
– ‘Creative Partnerships’ practitioners with Minterne Junior School, Sittingbourne.
– Mentors for student winners of Ashford Memorial Park public art Competition.
– Merit Medal in International Sculpture competition and exhibition for Beijing Olympics, which toured China.
2005 Sculpture designs commissioned for Norman Foster’s ‘Spitalfields’ development.
– 3 month residency at Cyprus College of Art as Leonardo da Vinci Fellows.
– ‘Cityscape’, Business Design Centre, London.
– Collaboration with Fabio Gonzales-Calzada, Architect. Arts Council England Grant
leading to exhibitions at Rochester Art Gallery and Gillingham Library Gallery.
– Designs commissioned for Laing Homes, East Dulwich.
– Chosen artists to work with Pepys estate residents, Deptford to design new garden area, etc.
– Sculpture commission for new Great Western Hospital, Swindon
– Digital prints for new buildings at Brompton Westbrook school, Gillingham arising from workshops with pupils.
2003 Prudential Insurance Headquarters, London. Sculpture and Prints.
– Sculpture design commissioned by Laing Homes for Normansfield Hospital, London.
– ‘Sculpture at Goodwood’ Gallery, bronze and resin maquettes, Percy St, London.
2002 Collaboration with Architects Baker-Brown McKay on proposal for new Sittingbourne Cultural Centre. Shown in RIBA exhibition.
2001 Edition of polychrome bronze maquettes of ‘Chase Air’ for ‘Sculpture at Goodwood’.
– Sculpture for Thomas Aveling School, Medway.
– London Contemporary Art sculpture commission for ‘Royal Caribbean Cruises’.
– ‘Big Draw’ drawing day as part of Canterbury Festival.
2000 Conquest Hospital, Hastings. Commission for 2 outdoor sculptures and large digitally printed panel.
– Moat Housing Trust Foyer artwork – large scale, digitally printed panels from community workshop.
– ‘Circus’ shown at University of Brighton Gallery.
1999 Commission to make 7 sculptures in 7 parks in collaboration with 7 schools in Medway.
– ‘Circus’ shown at Aspex Gallery, Portsmouth.
– Sculpture commission for ‘Sculpture at Goodwood’. ‘Chase Air’. Now in collection of Dame Stephanie Shirley.
1998 De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill on Sea. ‘Circus’ – large scale sculpture.
– Sculpture installation. ‘Creation of Pelasgus’ for ‘The Peoples’ Show’, Rochester City
1998 Strood Library Gallery, Lordswood Gallery – Ceramic reliefs.
– Ramsgate Library Gallery with Mexican printmakers.
1997-98 Artists’ residencies at Bredgar, Wouldham, Borstal and Glencoe primary schools .
1997 Two sculptures for St. Richard’s Hospital, Chichester.
– ‘Connect’. Touring show of Artists postcards.
1996 Hove Museum and Gallery – Ceramic Circus. Drew Gallery, Canterbury
1995 Tidal Basin II, Royal Victoria Dock, London – large sculpture.
AWARDS – RUTTER + BENNETT:
2017 UCA R.I. funding for collaboration with ‘Collectress’. ‘Light Dial 2’.
UCA R.I. funding for exhibition at Fata Morgana Gallery, Berlin.
2016 UCA R.I.funding for collaboration with ‘Collectress’and Rambert
Contemporary Dance. (Arts Council funded for other collaborators).
2015/16 UCA R.I. funded investigation into collaborative, interdisciplinary
performance as part of ‘Gunfighter’ project. (Wellcome Trust funded
for other collaborators).
British Council/Arts Council grant for large scale travelling
collage installation at ‘Collagistas’ Festival, Eindhoven.
2014/15 UCA R.I. funded investigation into 3D imagery in textile design,
sculpture and performance with exhibition at Herbert Read
2012/13 UCA R.I. funded investigation into the application of 3D imagery to
sculptural surfaces with exhibition at Calais Lace Museum.
2012 European Union Interred. funding for ‘Metamorphosis’and
2012 Research Grant from UCA for work on Digital Textile sculpture.
2006 Merit Medal, Beijing Olympics Cultural Olympiad.
2005 Leonardo da Vinci Fellows at Cyprus College of Art.
2004 Arts Council England Award for collaboration with Fabio Gonzales-Calzada, Architect.
1998 South East Arts Major Award towards sculpture show at De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill.
1997 South East Arts Direct Support Grant for incorporating digital technology into work.
1995 South East Arts Travel Bursary to Mexico.
1991 McColl Arts Foundation Travel Bursary to Zimbabwe and Tanzania.
TRAVEL – RUTTER + BENNETT:
2012 4 weeks artists exchange to BBK Bethanien Printworks, Berlin.
2011 6 week artists exchange to Berlin.
2009 Participant in ‘SteinFest’ stone carving festival, Trondheim Cathedral, Norway.
2005 3 months residency at Cyprus College of Art on Leonardo Fellowship.
2003/4 Living and working in Sweden.
1995 2 months in Mexico studying folk ceramics and sculpture on Arts Council Travel Bursary.
1994 Research visit to Gascony and Museum of Pre-Columbian Art, Auch.
Drawing trip to the Orkney Islands.
1993 2 month cycling journey to Santiago de Compostella along the pilgrim roads
of France and Spain studying Romanesque art and architecture.
1992 Research drawing visit to the Museum of Classical Archaeology, Rhodes.
1991 2 months in Zimbabwe and Tanzania on McColl Fellowship studying stone carving and rock paintings with residencies at Chapungu gallery and Tengenenge carving community.
2016 Guest lecturers at Bauhaus University, Weimar. 1996 – 2018 Lecturers at Univ. of Creative Arts and Kent University.
2006 -12 Workshop leaders for Stour Valley Arts Woodland Art Trust.
2014 Visiting lecturer at ESMOD, Berlin.
2006 Mentors for winners of Ashford Memorial Park public art competition.
2005 Postgraduate tutors at Cyprus College of Art.
2003 Visiting Lecturers at Bartlett School of Architecture, London University.
1999-01 Visiting lecturers at School of Built Environment, East London University.
Committee Member Nat. Rec. Project for Public Monuments and Sculpture, East
1994 Stone Carving Tutor on Portland Sculpture Trust Carving Courses
1993 Invited Speaker at Portland Sculpture Symposium.
1992-94 Sessional Lecturer at Norwich School of Art.
1991 Visiting Lecturer at The Royal College of Art.
PUBLICATIONS, etc. – RUTTER + BENNETT:
‘Prophit’ art ‘zine. Lula Valetta, Berlin. 2016
‘Gunfighter’ publication. 2015.
‘Arteri’ magazine with Stass Paraskos and Stelios Votsis. 2007.
‘British Sculptors of the 20th C’. by Alan Windsor. Pub. Ashgate. 2006.
‘Cyprus Times’. Glyn Hughes. 2005.
‘The Art of Prior’s Court School’. by Ann Elliott, published Bohun. 2002.
‘Ten years of Sculpture at Goodwood’. 2002.
‘Concepts for New Sculpture’. Essay by Ann Elliott. 2002.
‘Times Educational Supplement’ front page, October 2002.
‘Howard Jacobson takes on Turner’. BBC 2. 2001.
Sculpture at Goodwood 2001. Catalogue.
Sculpture at Goodwood 2000. Catalogue.
‘Walks with Sculptors’. Artsworld TV. 2000.
REPRESENTED BY :
Cass Sculpture Foundation http://www.sculpture.org.uk,
MEMBERS OF :
Royal Society of Sculptors http://www.rbs.org.uk .